SCMEP offers a wide selection of training and courses. Funds may be available to cover a portion of the cost. Additionally, most courses and training sessions can be delivered at your facility. Contact us for additional information.
Please note, refunds will only be issued if a cancellation notice is received at least 24-hours in advance of the course.
RCRA/DOT Compliance Workshop
August 23 @ 8:00 am - August 27 @ 5:00 pm
This comprehensive course has been uniquely developed to prepare any employee to understand the responsibilities of RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) Hazardous Material Regulations. Our RCRA/DOT Workshop course will provide the beginner and most seasoned veteran generator, handler, shipper and manager with best practice tools and knowledge to stay in compliance with all federal and state training requirements. Participants will be provided a course tablet pre-loaded with example documents, reference materials, and other tools to support the course instruction.
- Day One – RCRA history and context followed by a detailed look at hazardous waste identification, characterization, including requirements and strategies for hazardous waste accumulation based on generator classification.
- Day Two – Requirements and best practices for hazardous waste accumulation based on generator classification.
- Day Three – Hazardous waste disposal procedures, including manifesting land disposal restrictions, management of spill cleanup materials and debris, proper sampling and characterization process and review of information learned and group exercises.
- Day Four – DOT general awareness, classification, and proper shipping names. Packaging marking and labeling, shipping papers, placarding, transportation, and HAZMAT incidents.
- Day Five – Administrative responsibilities, cargo security awareness and certification quiz.
Who Should Attend?
EH&S managers, environmental compliance specialists, environmental consultants and engineers, operation managers, or anyone involved in the generation, storage, transportation or disposal of waste and materials.