September 19-20, October 3-4, October 17-18, October 31-November 1, November 14-15
*Please note, a laptop or electronic device with Microsoft Excel is required. Course information will be provided on a flash drive with work to be completed in Minitab and Excel. Do not activate the Minitab free trial prior to the course as this will allow you to use Minitab throughout the training.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a process improvement method that focuses on reducing errors and increasing customer satisfaction in a Lean environment. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training introduces an overview of the key concepts necessary to be a successful member of a Lean Six Sigma project team.
Lean Six Sigma combines the two most important improvement trends of our time: making work better (using Six Sigma) and making work faster (using Lean principles). In these classes, you will discover how this remarkable quality improvement method can give you the tools to identify and eliminate waste and quality problems in your own work area. You’ll see the big picture of what your company will gain with Lean Six Sigma, how it can positively impact your work area, and what it can mean to you personally.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training will introduce you to the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and terminology and give you the tools you need to complete your Green Belt certification project. This course uses a combination of lectures, presentations and hands-on lab exercises to provide you with a strong foundation in Lean Six Sigma. You will gain the skills needed to lead Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects, work on teams led by Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and help your organization implement Lean Six Sigma effectively.
This two-week course comprises the entire Green Belt training program, and serves as the first two weeks of Black Belt training.
*Recommended for data analysts, problem solvers and project team members
You Will Learn:
- Why organizations benefit from Six Sigma
- The Green Belt’s role and responsibility in Lean Six Sigma efforts
- The DMAIC problem solving method
- The tools needed for project completion
- How to use statistical tool in conjunction with Lean Six Sigma
- How to collect data
- Tools such as project charters, FMEA, Kaizen and control charts
- Basic statistical tools such as Pareto charts, histograms and inferential statistics
- Trainees are to have a Lean Six Sigma project prior to attending class.
- A certificate will be awarded to each person who completes the training and passes the test given on the last day of the course.
- Certification requires the completion of a project which takes place in your company.