This course includes instruction on Allen-Bradley PLC5 hardware configurations (the 1771 and 1794 I/O families), memory organizations, I/O addressing, the processor scan, the processor instruction set, and Grafcet fundamentals. The trainees apply this knowledge to analyzing functioning PLC controlled machines in the workshop. Instruction is given on programming software as well as a current engineering standard of PLC program design.
Upon successful completion of this course, the trainee will be competent in:
- Installing and starting up of PLC controlled equipment.
- Using PLC programming software for configuring, programming, analyzing and diagnosis of PLC systems.
- Locating and replacing defective hardware.
- Uploading and downloading program files and data files.
- Writing and modifying structured programs.