This June course still has space available. Simple Compliance Solutions is offering 50% off to everyone with the coupon code ‘exec16’ to help offset any extra short notice travel fees.
The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is the most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years. It aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by shifting the focus from responding to contamination to preventing it.
This course will help you prepare for the September 19, 2016, compliance date for FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food, when a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual must perform or oversee:
- Preparation of the Food Safety Plan
- Validation of the Preventive Controls
- Records Review
- Reanalysis of the Food Safety Plan
The regulation applies to food processors who manufacture, process, pack or hold human food and must register with the FDA in the US and abroad. Successful completion of FDA’s standardized curriculum in the “FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food” course, taught by Lead Instructors holding the certificate for a FSPCA Lead Instructor’s course, is a way to meet the requirements for “preventive controls qualified individuals.”
Location: Kiawah Island, SC
Course Dates: Tuesday-Thursday, June 21- 23, 2016 Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Included: Continental breakfast, Box lunch (Sandwiches, Salads), Morning and afternoon coffee service, soft drinks, and snacks. Course location: Beautiful Kiawah Island (near Charleston), South Carolina, 29455, at The Sandcastle, an Oceanside Conference & Event Center, One Shipwatch Road. Kiawah Island is a world renowned conference and vacation locale, for families and special events, and voted # 1 island in North America by Conde Nast Traveler. Kiawah is the home of the Ocean Course: “Proud Host of the 2021 PGA Championship” and host of the 1991 Ryder Cup, 2007 Senior PGA Championship and the 2012 and 2021 PGA Championships and 4 other beautiful public courses, among numerous other awards such as # 1 Family Resort and # 1 Tennis Resort.
Who should attend?
Those who need to direct, manage or perform the duties of a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual, including executives such as VP Regulatory, Director of Food Safety, Plant Managers, Maintenance Managers, Production Supervisors, Quality Assurance personnel, and Training personnel. Bringing key leaders and cross functional team members to the course can be instrumental in building or strengthening your food safety culture.
What is included in the $895* training fee?
- Continental breakfast, sandwich/salad lunches, coffee and snacks, all to enjoy at the preventive controls course’s seaside venue.
- The Official FSPCA Certificate ($50)
- Training materials: standard participant training manual, explanations of key terms and concepts, and example model Food Safety plan, abbreviated models for class exercises, and key reference material, including the Final Regulation on CGMP, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food.
- * Note: Fee is $795 for 2 or more individuals from the same company.
- A block of rooms has been reserved at the Andell Inn, a Boutique Village Resort Hotel on Kiawah Island, SC, 29455, voted a Top 10 Hotel, 2015 by Southern Living Magazine and located in Freshfields Village, a unique town-center mix of shopping and dining, in a stylish and relaxed outdoor atmosphere:
- AndellInn.com (or 843-793-6050)
- 1, 2, & 3 bedroom villas & also houses are available on Kiawah:
- Also, a vast assortment of hotels are nearby in Historic Charleston, voted America’s # 1 Small City, 5 years & counting:
Instructor: Rachel Montgomery (FSPCA Lead Instructor Certificate # 32c592bd), who has over 30 years experience as a food safety executive in large scale manufacturing.
Rachel S. Montgomery
Simple Compliance Solutions, LLC