Hydraulic Systems (HYD)
Please note the registration deadline of 5/27/24.
The Hydraulic Systems course is designed for those who require hands-on skill exposure in their manufacturing work environment. Trainees will have the opportunity to use our state-of-the-art simulators to build circuits and analyze systems. The course covers common circuits found in Hydraulic Systems and teaches drawing standards to ensure that trainees are well-equipped to tackle real-world challenges.
Upon successful completion of this course, the trainee will be competent in:
- Applying appropriate safety procedures as they relate to the energy contained in a hydraulic circuit.
- Recognizing the internal operation of hydraulic components.
- Reading, interpreting and sketching hydraulic schematics.
- Hydraulic circuit operation and fluid flow characteristics.
- Distinguishing the effect of flow versus pressure with respect to speed and force.
- Performing the mathematical calculations for pressure, force and area as they apply to hydraulic circuits.
- Analyzing, identifying and repairing faulty components in a hydraulic circuit.
This training is part of Michelin’s Talents for Manufacturing maintenance program.