Mechanical Technology Hand Skills (MTHS)
Please note the registration deadline of 2/26/24.
This comprehensive Mechanical Hand Tools Training Course is designed to equip trainees with in-depth knowledge and practical experience to safely and efficiently use hand tools while providing a “Hands On” approach with 80% spent in the workshop. During the first week, the course covers risk assessment, practical applications, and safe usage of hand tools. The second week offers an advanced hands-on experience, where trainees can apply their newly acquired skills to shop-focused projects. Trainees will have a solid understanding of hand tool usage, risk mitigation techniques, and the ability to apply these skills to real-world scenarios.
Upon successful completion of this course, the trainee will be competent in:
- Hand tool Identification while picking the right tool for the job at hand
- Safety awareness by doing a quick risk assessment
- Proper use of each hand tool to include hands on experience
- Basic print reading and Layout
- Perception Measurement and Shaft Alignment
This training is part of Michelin’s Talents for Manufacturing maintenance program.