Mechanical Hand Skills (MHS)
Please note the registration deadline of 11/27/23.
The trainee will receive “Hands On” training with 80% spent in workshop on task focused projects. Students will be using the following equipment: Rules, Knifes, Hacksaws, Files, Wire Cutters, Pliers, Vise Grips, Channel locks, Hex (Allen), Screw Drivers, Wrenches, Ratchet & Sockets, Torque wrenches, Hammers, Punches, Drills & Taps, Vises, Dial Indicators, Micrometeors, Calibers, Dividers, Basic Drill Press Operations, Hand Drilling etc.
Upon successful completion of this course, the trainee will be competent in:
- Hand tool Identification while picking the right tool for the job at hand
- Safety awareness by doing a quick risk assessment
- Proper use of each hand tool to include hands on experience
- Basic print reading and Layout
- Perception Measurement and Shaft Alignment
This training is part of Michelin’s Talents for Manufacturing maintenance program.